Sunday, November 28, 2010

Deployment

I was just thinking today.. and sometimes I wonder what people think about me. Or more like, how they think of me. I hope that I'm not that poor girl who's husband is at war. I hope that I'm not an example to people of why they don't want to be with a soldier. Sometime I hear moms telling their daughters, or friends telling each other that they wont marry someone in the military because then they might have the difficulty of going through a deployment.

How selfish is that? To not give a guy a chance because he's signed up to protect your freedom. Thank you to those of you who aren't like that. I just want everyone to know that I do not regret my decision to marry my husband in the least bit. In fact, watching him do this and going through this together has made me fall even deeper in love with him and brought us close in a way that nothing else in this world could. This is not a self reassurance post, I've always known this. I just want everyone to know where I stand in this situation. You might think, as people have told me, that it takes a special person to do what I'm doing... well I didn't exactly sign up for it. You just take what comes. I promise I don't have any super powers that are allowing me to be just fine during this. You would do it too if you had to. Deployment isn't the worst thing that can happen in a marriage.

I appreciate all of you. Thank you for your support. Please know that I am happy. Life is good right now :)

I don't know why I posted this... just thinking out loud I guess.

Thanksgiving post to come soon. Hopefully.

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry. You are thinking in the right. I remember thinking the same thing when I was dating a marine. I waited through boot camp and his MOS training. I also have a BIL that was a marine and my sister waited through 2 tours to Iraq. These guys that are serving our country are amazing people and deserve nothing but the best. Thank you to your husband for his service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah. I posted this then haven't looked again till just barely.. You're so great though :)

    I guess I don't know blog etiquette or anything, but is it appropriate to reply to a comment someone leaves you with another comment? Ha ha, I don't know where else to put it. But thank you nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the exact same way sometimes. My husband is not gone for a year, but he is gone alot and I feel the same way about the selfish thing. He was flying before I met him, and so because I love him and I want him to do what makes him happy and it would be selfish of me to want him to quit. People always ask "how long is your husband gone" "So you're alone with a baby how long?" and the best one "he has to work on Christmas?" like noone ever does it. seriously the guilt/pitty trips some people give are kinda annoying. So awesome job to you and hope everything continues to go well :) and thanks for adding me

    ReplyDelete